little things that help ease symptoms of depression:
- turn the lights on and open a window
- eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- take a long, relaxing bath
- do yourself up in full make up and hair
- be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- watch something funny on netflix
- wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- lose yourself in a really good book or movie
if you’re trying to figure out what to do with your life - please don’t be discouraged or frustrated, it took me 30 years before I really figured out what I wanted to do. and it used to really bug me that everyone else seemed to have found their path in life. like I’m just now getting my life on track, it just took me a minute before I found something to dream about.
Q:Ya know Nomi I can't seem to learn to love myself and it sucks
That’s rough. And something sort of unteachable, I guess. I’m reading The Four Agreements right now and a massive part of it is that we have to love ourselves, and forgive ourselves, and cut ourselves some slack if we want to navigate the world, or change the world for that matter.
You’re here. And that’s a big deal. That’s important. You’re important.
she is my idol .
Maybe someone is offering you flowers, but you’re not reaching out for them. Maybe someone cares for you, but you don’t even realise. Maybe someone thinks you’re interesting, but you’re getting bored of yourself. Never undermine what you mean to others.
Feeling unsure and lost is part of your path. Don’t avoid it. See what those feelings are showing you and use it. Take a breath. You’ll be okay. Even if you don’t feel okay all the time.